The campus, with an area of about 1200 acres is located in scenic rural surroundings on the western bank of the old Brahmaputra River, 5 km south from Mymensingh Railway Station and 120 km north from Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. It also houses two national research institutes, namely, Bangladesh Institute of Nuclear Agriculture (BINA) and Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI).
Welcome to Faculty of Veterinary Science
The Faculty of Veterinary Science is one of six in Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU). BAU began as the East Pakistan College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, which served as the nucleus for the establishment of the then East Pakistan Agricultural University in 1961. The first syndicate meeting of the university resolved that the faculty of veterinary science shall be the foundation faculty of the new university, and Professor SM Ali, MRCVS was appointed as founder dean. The faculty is now equipped to international standards and is ideal for high-level of teaching and research.
The faculty is spread over three adjacent buildings and consists of eight departments including a Teaching Veterinary Clinic, run mainly by the clinical departments to impart practical training in the diagnosis of poultry, companion, zoo and wild animal diseases, surgical interventions, clinical management and treatment, animal health care and welfare. Each of the eight departments possesses facilities for conducting both MS and PhD degree programmes.